Last updated: Jan 17, 2023
This Website Privacy Notice applies to visitors (“Visitor”, “you”) to cadreamhousing.org (the “Website”), which is operated by the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, LLC (“CZI,” “we,” “us”). CZI is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology, community-driven solutions, and collaboration to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges — from eradicating disease, to improving education, to building community and affordable housing solutions.
We have done our best to write this Privacy Notice in simple and clear terms. We have also added summaries below each section that provide short explanations of the legal language in plain English (it starts with ‘Summary’) to aid in understanding, but they are not legally binding.
1. Acceptance of this Privacy Notice
By accessing and using the Website, you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Notice, which may be updated and amended from time to time. By accepting this Privacy Notice, you agree that CZI is the “controller” of personal data which is provided to, collected by, or processed in connection with the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by the terms of this Privacy Notice, do not access or use this Website.
Do not use this Website if you do not agree to this Privacy Notice.
2. Information We Collect About You
When you visit the Website, we collect the following personal information (collectively, “Website Visitor Information”):
2.1 From You
We collect certain information from you when you provide it to us directly. Specifically:
- When you sign up to receive our newsletter or to download resources, you provide us with your first and last name, and your email address so that we may send you the requested information and updates via email. We may combine this information with your internet or other electronic network activity on the Website.
- If you email us with a support request or comments at an email address published on our Website, you may provide us with information so that we can respond, such as your contact information and a description of the issue.
2.2 From Your Browser or Device
When you use online services, certain information routinely gets created and logged automatically; the same is true when you visit our Website. Here’s what we collect:
- Log data. When you visit our Website (whether on your computer or on a mobile device), we gather certain internet or other electronic network activity information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, the Internet Service Provider, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, clickstream data, login/logout times, and duration of time spent on our Website.
- Device data. In addition to log data, we collect information about the device you’re using to access the Website; this includes the type of device, browser type, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data that helps us understand when something goes wrong.
- Click-through URLs. If you receive newsletters, updates, or other information from us, our emails may use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our sites. When you click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our sites. We use this click-through data to help us understand how recipients respond to, or interact with, our emails. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, please do not click text or graphic links in emails you receive from us.
2.3 Sensitive Personal Information
We do not collect sensitive personal information about you, and thus we do not use or disclose your sensitive personal information.
When you visit our website or receive an email from us, we collect certain information. This includes information you give us directly, such as your first and last name; information provided from your browser or device, like log data and cookies. We do not collect sensitive personal information.
3. Use of Your Data
CZI does not sell, rent or lease your personal personal information or share it for behavioral advertising purposes. We use your information for the following business purposes only:
3.1 Website Visitor Information
We use the personal information we collect about visitors to our Website as follows:
- To provide and maintain the Website. We use the information we collect to provide or serve our Website, and maintain and improve the Website, including understanding the content that Visitors find valuable, troubleshooting errors, advancing information security, understanding website traffic patterns, and enhancing the quality of our Website.
- To provide information you’ve requested. We use the contact information you provide to deliver our newsletter or to inform you or new or related resources and services.
- To communicate with you. We may also use your information to directly communicate with you about your use of the Website or to respond to an email or submission from you.
3.2 Other Services Information
We use information from third-party online services like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Bitly, and LinkedIn (collectively, “Other Services”) to understand the particular materials that we posted or linked to that users of those Other Services found most valuable and to inform our outreach efforts.
Our Website does not include advertisements for third-party goods and services. However, we may use advertising to promote the products, programs, and services that we provide and/or support. Subject to your settings, we may use your email address or cookies to direct ads for our own programs to you on third-party sites.
We take your privacy seriously. We do not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to others. In limited cases, we might use your personal information for certain business purposes—such as contacting you to provide you information that you’ve requested, or helping us understand which parts of the website are most valuable. We do not advertise third-party goods or services, but may advertise our programs on other websites.
4. Retention and Deletion
We will keep your information only for as long as we believe that we need it for the purpose we have collected it (as described above) or to meet legal obligations, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our agreements with you, or fulfill your request to unsubscribe from further messages from us. When your information is no longer needed, we will destroy, de-identify, or aggregate it.
We only keep personal information for as long as it’s necessary to provide the Website. In certain cases, we may need to keep personal information if the law requires a different duration, for safety reasons, or to meet our obligations to you.
5. Disclosing Your Data
Except in the instances listed below, we will not disclose your personal information to others unless you consent to it:
5.1 Service Providers and Vendors
CZI works with vendors, service providers, and other partners that help us provide the Website by supplying services on our behalf. These services are, for example, sending emails, performing statistical analysis, database management services, database hosting, providing customer support software, and security. In the course of providing these services, our service providers may have access to your information, including personal information. We have disclosed identifiers and internet or other electronic activity information with this category of service providers in the last 12 months.
5.2 Legal and Safety Reasons
We may disclose information if we believe in good faith that it’s necessary (a) in connection with any legal investigation; (b) to comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us; (c) to protect or defend our rights or property or users of our Services or others; and/or (d) to investigate or assist in preventing any violation of the law.
5.3 CZI Entities
We may share your information with our affiliates, , such as the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and we will require them to honor this Privacy Notice. “Affiliates” does not include Meta for purposes of this policy; CZI and Meta are independent entities.
5.4 Reorganization, Sale or Merger
We may share your information in connection with a merger, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of our organization or assets related to CZI. In the event of a merger, reorganization or sale of assets, the buyer or other successor entity will continue to be bound by the terms of this Privacy Notice.
We will never share your personal information without your consent. We may share your information in limited ways with the following parties:
- Third-party service providers that help us operate the Website.
- Law enforcement, in response to a legal request.
- Related entities that are required to follow this Privacy Notice.
- Any new owners of the Website (Note: if this happens, you’ll be able to opt-out if the new owner does not follow this Privacy Notice).
6. Your Choices Regarding Your Data.
You can opt out from communications with CZI at any time via the link in emails from us. You may update your preferences or request to unsubscribe from our mailing lists by using the “Manage Preferences” link at the bottom of any email sent to a CZI mailing list. You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to unsubscribe.
You have control over your personal information. Please send requests to email@example.com.
7. California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires certain businesses to give California residents a number of rights regarding their personal information. California residents have the right to have their personal information deleted (subject to certain exceptions), the right to change or correct their personal information that a business maintains, the right to limit the use or disclosure of their sensitive personal information (if applicable), the right to access their personal information, the right to opt-out of the “selling” or “sharing” of personal information (if applicable), and the right not to be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
These rights, and how to exercise them, are described in more detail in Section 6 of this Policy Policy. In addition to these rights, we give you a right to request the following information about your personal information that we have collected in the past 12 months:
The Right to Know. This right allows you to request the following information about the personal information that we’ve collected about you in the past 12 months:
- Information about Data Collection.
- The categories of personal information that have been collected.
- The categories of sources from which we have collected personal information.
- The business purpose for which we have collected personal information.
- Information about Data Disclosure.
- The categories of personal information, if any, that have been sold, shared, or disclosed for a business purpose to third parties.
- The categories of third parties to whom personal information was sold, shared, or disclosed for a business purpose.
- Identification of the specific business purpose for disclosing the personal information.
We have described in fuller detail in this Privacy Notice the personal information that we collect, how we use and disclose it, but provide the following additional disclosure:
Information about Data Collection
- Information we collect. We have collected the following categories of personal information within the past 12 months: (1) identifiers; and (2) internet or other similar network activity.
- Sources of information. We obtain these categories of personal information from the sources described in Section 2 of this Privacy Notice.
- Purposes of collection. We collect personal information for one or more of the business purposes described in Section 3 of this Privacy Notice.
Information about Data Disclosure
- Information we disclose. We have disclosed the following categories of personal information within the past 12 months: (1) identifiers; and (2) internet or other similar network activity.
- Third parties to whom we disclose. We have identified the categories of personal information we disclose to third parties in Section 5 of this Privacy Notice.
- Purposes of disclosure. We disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the business purposes described in Section 3 of this Privacy Notice.
To request any of the above information, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your request sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal information. Please note that we do not sell your personal data, and that CZI will not discriminate against you in any way based on your exercise of these rights.
California residents have the right to request information about the personal data we collect. Requests should be sent to email@example.com.
In addition to the details outlined in this Privacy Notice, below you’ll find additional disclosure and summary around the personal information we collect:
- Over the past 12 months we’ve collected certain personal information from visitors in order to provide the Website and services.
- We collect this personal information both from direct and indirect sources.
- We may disclose personal information for select business purposes, such as to protect against fraudulent activity or to debug our website.
8. Other Important Information
8.1 Security of Your Information
Security of personal data is important to us. We implement security safeguards designed to protect your personal data, including reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal data from unauthorized access,use, alteration and destruction. Despite these efforts, we cannot guarantee that your data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of our physical, technical, or administrative safeguards. Please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org if you become aware of any security issues relating to our Services.
We may modify this Privacy Notice from time to time, and you can see when the last update was by looking at the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Privacy Notice. If we make material changes to it, we’ll provide you notice through this Privacy Notice. If you object to any changes, you may stop accessing the Website or exercise other opt-outs or rights that we provide. Your continued use of the Website after we publish a notice about changes to this Privacy Notice means that you acknowledge the updated Privacy Notice following the date it takes effect.
The Website is not designed or intended for children under 13. If we become aware that we have the information of such children collected through the Website, we will promptly delete it.
We do not endorse any actions or uses by a third party of the information provided on this Website. We assume no responsibility for, and expressly disclaim all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on such information.
8.5 Contact Information
If you have questions or complaints regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact us at email@example.com.
- We are constantly working on ways to prevent unauthorized access and misuse of personal information through administrative, physical, and technical safeguards.
- If we detect a recognized opt-out preference signal or control, we’ll take appropriate steps to opt you out of certain types of data processing.
- When we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you before the changes go into effect.
- This website is not designed for children under 13.
- We do not endorse or take responsibility for the use of the information we provide by any third parties.
- If you have questions about the Privacy Notice, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.